Our reception team is at your disposal in the preparation of your stay. By email, telephone, in our tourist information offices, or on our social networks, we advise you in your discovery of the Tourism in Aubrac territory.
For all requests do not hesitate to send us a message. We will respond as soon as possible.
Our Tourist Office is committed to the Quality Approach
To always improve the reception of our visitors and the accompaniment of the tourist actors of the territory, our tourist office is committed in the quality approach. In the future, the goal is toobtain the Quality Tourism mark, proof of our daily commitment to a better welcome.
Leave us a review
Have you ever come to meet us? Leave us your opinion on your visit to one of our tourist information offices:
- Office of Laguiole
- Office of Mur-de-Barrez
- Saint-Amans-des-Côts office
- Office of Saint-Chély-d'Aubrac
- Office of Sainte-Geneviève-sur-Argence
Frequently Asked Questions
This FAQ lists the answers to questions frequently asked by our visitors.
Visit a cutlery?
Many cutlery open the door of their workshop to reveal all the secrets of making Laguiole knives. Visits are free, at set times, without reservation.
When are market days?
Sainte-Geneviève-sur-Argence: Wednesday morning
Mur-de-Barrez: Thursday morning
Saint-Amans-des-Côts: Thursday morning
Laguiole: Saturday morning
Thérondels: Saturday morning
Find the dates of the farmers' markets and night markets during the summer period on the page Events.
Where can I get a city map?
In our tourist information offices. Maps of villages or discovery circuits are available to stroll through the alleys and discover the small heritage.
Ideas for activities for the little ones?
- In winter, the ski resorts Laguiole and Brameloup family resorts offer toboggan runs, telepacifiers for the little ones and a ski school in Laguiole for those who want to try their hand at winter sports. In summer, they offer a wide variety of discovery activities and short family hikes.
- Educational farms and equestrian centers will appeal to the whole family.
- The 5 paths of the imagination in the Carladez, to find his child's soul. Easy, they stimulate the imagination around themes related to the elements.
- In summer enjoy supervised bathing areas and swimming pools.
- For older children, try the adventure with the tree climbing course and zip lines.
How to find hiking and mountain biking circuits? Where to rent equipment?
Directly at the Tourist Office, discover more than 50 hiking sheets ranging from 3 to 20 km, covering the entire Aubrac Tourism territory.
- 1 € the card
- 0.50 € per sheet (if more than 10 sheets purchased)
- 7 € the topo with all the sheets of the Aubrac-Laguiole territory (18 sheets)
- 7 € the topo with all the sheets of the Carladez territory (16 sheets)
- 7 € the topo with all the sheets of the Viadène territory (16 sheets)
- 5 € the topo with all the sheets of the territory of Argence (10 sheets)
- €5 for Tourism in Aubrac topo (selection of 10 emblematic sheets)
- the set of 4 territory pouches at 20 €
- Some hiking trails are also accessible to MTB.
- The Laguiole ski resort also offers marked mountain bike trails in summer up to 11 kilometers long.
- Le Carladez offers a free booklet of mountain bike and cycle routes on the road (15 mountain bike routes, 18 cycle routes) on request from our information offices.
- Several service providers offer the rental of mountain bikes and electric mountain bikes.
Where can I park with my motorhome? What are the service areas?
- Sainte-Geneviève-sur-Argence: municipal area along the river, games, barbecue, pétanque court, shaded, free.
- Lacalm: motorhome pitch on the fairground, free.
- Brommat: free motorhome terminal.
- Lacroix-Barrez: shaded, paid pitches.
- Mur-de-Barrez: municipal area, paying sites.
- Thérondels: municipal area.
- Le Bouyssou resort (Caravaneige).
- Fairground car park or opposite the Young Mountain Cheese Cooperative: car park without services.
- La Montagnette motorhome area: private area on the farm, free parking, paid services.
- Saint-Chely-d'Aubrac: service terminal.
- Viadene: Montézic area (parking, water, emptying).
Where can I get a fishing license?
At the Laguiole Tourist Office, you can get your fishing license.
Possibility at the Saint-Amans-des-Côts Tourist Office if the Au fil du temps store is closed.
Where can we swim?
In summer, take advantage of the supervised bathing places (opening hours and periods to be found on the page Bathing :
- Saint-Gervais lake and nautical base
- Sarrans lake and Laussac peninsula
- Galens Lake
- Lac de la Selves (access via campsites), unsupervised swimming, equipped water park, water games.
What activities are planned during my visit?
The page Events of the site gives a general vision of all the animations, activities and events to come. At the Tourist Office ask for the diary of events in paper version which lists the events.
Where can I buy directly from the farm?
- La Borie Haute farm (Saint-Amans-des-Côts): Laguiole farmer AOP, cheese
- La Châtaigneraie farm (Saint-Hippolyte): chestnut cream, chestnut-related products
- The Martinie farm (Saint-Hippolyte): farm charcuterie
- Mathilde's farm (Taussac): ducks and cattle
- The Montagnette farm (Laguiole): beef, preserves and charcuterie
- The Murols farm (Carladez): eggs, saffron and organic poultry
- The Verdier farm (Lieutadès – Cantal): honey and jams
How to come to our territory?
Find all the road and transport information on our section How to come and move around the territory.